Hawaiian Readers Set 1 (bilingual)
Level Concept: Learning To Read
The set covers predictable, repetitive patterns. Repetitive language along with illustrations help children to predict what happens next, without decoding the words themselves. This level is recommended to be read with an adult the first couple of times so that children may establish the repetitive pattern and feel successful reading the books independently. Each book contains a pronunciation guide.
Set 1 Themes:
- Ideal for Emergent Readers
- Simple sentences with repetitive patterns
- High-interest stories with local island themes
- Playful illustrations to reinforce text
10 book set titles
- Ma ka Mākeke Mahi ʻai/At The Farmers Market
- Ma Ka Pā'ina/At The Luau
- Ka Lā Mua o Ke Kula/First Day Of School
- Nā Huaʻai/Fruits
- Leʻaleʻa ma ke Kahua Holoholona/Fun At The Zoo
- He ʻOihana Kaʻu/I Have A Job
- Kōkua au/I Help
- He aha au?/What Am I?
- I koʻu Nānā 'ana i ka Wai/When I Look In The Water
- Aia nā Kalipa iā Wai?/ Who Has the Slippers?